Friday, May 2, 2008

Xerox


Xerox
Originally uploaded by kretyen
Well, the technician came after lunch today (Friday). Of course I had to print the bulletins for Sunday. We had called Xerox for service yesterday when it went down. Our technician said he would come Thursday afternoon or Friday morning. When he didn't come yesterday I called again this morning. When you call Xerox you have the privilege of talking to someone in Pakistan or somewhere like it. I emphasized the necessity of getting it fixed post haste. When the technician called again, he said he would come around 1 p.m. I explained that I needed him sooner than that. We compromised. He came at 12:15. It took him about an hour to take the sides off and do a thorough cleaning.

You see, the machine quit running because it said there was a paper jam in area #1. Of course, there was no paper visible in area #1 so I couldn't remove it. Impasse.

The technician removed about a ton of paper dust from the insides. This is actually the first time this level of cleaning has been done in 3 years. You see, a sensor was covered in paper dust, making the machine think there was a paper jam. Very simple.

Yes, I got the bulletins printed and folded and even left on time at 4:00 p.m. All in all, a good day.

No comments: