Saturday, September 8, 2007

Madera Canyon Picnic

We decided to take a late afternoon ride up to Madera Canyon and cook hamburgers. They have a number of picnic sites with charcoal grills. This is a dog-friendly park, so we took Mica (she did have to stay on the leash, which dampened her enthusiasm. We were there till just before sunset. I took some nice pictures of Mt. Wrightson. I've never been to the top, although Jenni has twice. It's a 12-16 mile hike depending on which sets of trails you take. Too much for me. My brother, Tom, has climbed to the top, also. I like looking at it from a distance.




This was the sunrise this morning from our backyard. Because of the moisture in the atmosphere the sunrises and sunsets for the next month or two should be "Arizona's Best."


Mica, the dog, and Panda, the cat, really enjoy each other's company. Yesterday I took Mica to the office with me. Here was 1.5 minutes after we got home--Panda came to greet us and wanted to play with his friend.

No comments: