Saturday, August 11, 2007

Arizona Sonora Desert Museum

We went to the Arizona Sonoran Desert Museum today. We've been going nearly every month since Christi visited in February. It is fun to see how the desert changes through the seasons. With the monsoon rains here, this is the season for green. The ocotillo, the mesquite, the brittle bush, the creosote, everything looks full (not quite like Michigan maples, but come on, it's the desert). Anyway, we had a great walk outdoors at 97 degrees.

There is a humming bird here, just to the left of Jenni's hat. I have several good shots of hummingbirds sitting still on branches, but I wasted 40 shots trying to get one in flight. They would hover around people's heads, but by the time my camera clicked-goodbye.


Jenni was getting a lesson from a docent on the internal structure of saguaro cacti. I just liked the patterns the roof slats made.



Here are two javelinas off to enjoy a picnic, or something. Surprisingly the animals were quite active today. I got a couple a cool shots of horned lizards, but I have to do some work in PhotoShop before I post them here. The blend in so well with their surrounding rocks.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: